Thought it was about time for another little update. I won’t do Olympic stories this time, I’ll send an email with all the Olympics stuff a bit later, once the Paralympics are done.
School is back, and University City is bustling once again. The weather has cooled off and it’s now quite pleasant even in the middle of the day. There’s been a few days where I would even have worn a light cardigan if I’d had one with me, but I’ve not yet been tempted to ACTUALLY bring one with me anywhere. I feel much more settled at work (which I’m really enjoying) and I got enough rest in the past month that I actually feel ready to get on with the crazybusyness looming this semester.
The next 6 months are all about the WEDDINGS!
- In my last update I mentioned Sekedi-n-Fidelia’s wedding/west side reunion in early August.
- I’m going to Zhuhai over October break for Joanna-n-Bruce Lau’s wedding (never mind that the paperwork was done a year ago, it’s time to celebrate!)
- 5 days later I’m off VANCOUVER, Canada, to be a bridesmaid at the wedding of Jay-n-Becky (ReGen matchmaking service strikes!) This will be another reunion, with past ReGen leaders flying in from all over the place.
- I’ll be a bridesmaid for the fourth time when I go home this Christmas, with Trina-n-Adam’s big day happening in early Jan.
So that’s a lot of excitement, AND a lot of travel! I’m very, VERY excited about it all!
Other things I’m excited about:
- My new visa – I have a work visa valid until August 11, 2009. YAY!!!
- Hot Water – should be turned back on at the end of next week! The first 6 weeks were okay, but now that the weather has cooled down, I can’t wait to have it back on!
- My cat, Mark – this two-year-old pile of fluffy whiteness makes my big empty apartment into a home.
- ReGen (youth group) – this year I’m leading music and training youth to take on music leadership roles
- Fall Youth Camp 2008 – less than two months to go!
What I’ve been reading:
What I’ve been watching:
Stargate (Ting’s indoctrination continues!)
What I’ve been listening to:
The Fray – How To Save A Life
OneRepublic – Dreaming Out Loud
Margaret Helen King – Knows No Other Name
Music you should check out:
If you made it this far, congratulations!! Drop me a line some time and let me know what you’re up to :)